So far in the final group project we have completed a significant amount of work. We have done the story boards required to give a brief outline of what the video will be like visually. We have also met and discussed ideas and themes a few times before it and after. The two biggest milestones I believe we have achieved are filming the beginning portion of our video and getting some raw footage as well as figuring out where and how we will be filming the rest of the footage.
In the time that we have met we have delegated characters and positions to each of our group members so there are no confusions later. We ended up picking the Livingston Apartments as our shooting spot as it is the most visually appealing and has great lighting. We have shot the beginning scenes where we walk up the stairs and sit down to discuss our plans for the summer and the leaving of the main character.
The biggest problems that I see in the future in making this video project are figuring out more times for the whole group to meet as our schedules conflict and is difficult to arrange meeting times; especially during the day when we need to shoot.
Another thing that worries me is making sure all of the scenes that we shoot look like one cohesive film at the end as I have never shot a video or film out of sequence. I personally like to work through in order of what comes first. Although I have a few things that worry me I am sure that the final product will come out a lot better than me or my group expected.
The only thing that I really wish to change about our final product is most likely being able to use our own library of pre downloaded music for a more broad selection of media to use.